Do you have a passion for Google and the Internet? Do you desire to help improve the quality of Google's search results while impacting millions of users on a daily basis?
Google's Search Quality Evaluation team is recruiting enthusiastic, web-savvy individuals to work with new technologies in order to improve the quality of Google's core search product. With a focus in webmaster communications, you'll be responsible for maintaining external communication with web publishers while also focusing on search quality improvements. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have strong analytical skills, and bring innovative ideas to improve access to relevant information on the web. Candidates will also be passionate about technology, be familiar with typical web practices such as managing a domain name as well as with Internet infrastructure, including WHOIS directories and Internet Protocol.
- Investigate designated domains and URLs and identify areas of concern and interest
- Troubleshoot technical issues and collaborate with engineering teams to make large-scale search quality improvements
- Establish and maintain proactive communication with external web publishers
- Work on special projects and cross-functional initiatives within Google
- BA/BS degree
- 1-3 years related experience in an Internet company and with web research a plus
- Familiarity with typical web practices such as managing a domain name
- Familiarity with internet infrastructure such as DNS, TCP/IP and WHOIS
- Previous experience with a programming language such as Perl or Python a plus
- Public speaking experience a plus
- Blogging or online content editing samples a plus