Tuesday, April 1, 2008

AIR + Linux = .....Lair? Airlix? whatever

After a long month of relaxation, I'm happy to announce that I'm back at working, heartily blogging again. For those of you who may be concerned, I was out on paternity leave and am happy to announce the birth of my daughter Quinn, who was born March 4th. She's already shown herself to be good at criticizing user interfaces, having run in to a few diapers and bottles that just didn't work the way they should. She made them pay, believe you me.

On to business!

Adobe announced recently that AIR will be released for Linux and has released a beta version on their beta site. My buddy Dave Meeker has a great analysis of what this means for the desktop on his blog, so I won't repeat it here. Check it out.

Second, I've been accepted as a regular blogger on InsideRIA.com - an O'Reilly blog about all things RIA. I'm very excited to join the team and will do my best to keep both blogs updated regularly. Today we had a ground breaking post talking about some new features in the next version of Silverlight that might cause Adobe some problems - check it out. ;)

No comments: