Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Joined the Twitter Reformation

I joined twitter this week after DHH was singing it's praises.  Interestingly enough, he wasn't on twitter himself at the time but joined up two days later and had over 1,000 followers by Tuesday.

So far it's been good, but I can't help but feel like this is another social network that's going to dry out soon.  Robert Walton put it well:

"Almost all of my friends are on Twitter now, which has become the new Facebook, which has become the new Myspace, which has become the new.."

My thoughts exactly.  Facebook was great for a few months but I never go there anymore.  It's too diversified...I don't need all the updates, I don't need another mailbox to check, and I definitely don't need another IM client (if you ask me, whenever a website introduces their own IM system it's a clear sign it's jumped the shark.)  I couldn't stand myspace from the beginning. 

Twitter's boiled down feature set is all I want right now.  Twitter's really just a group chatroom where none of us are chatting with the same mix of people.  It's fun for today, but we'll see if it lasts.

No comments: